What Patients Should Know About Invisalign Braces
Misaligned teeth, and the bite problems and arrested function that result, affect children, teens, and adults. Though orthodontic misalignments are frequently treated in childhood, many adults can benefit from corrective treatments. Invisalign braces are designed especially for teens and adults and can be used to correct a range of alignment concerns. Correcting these problems can make you more confident in your smile and in your overall appearance. This orthodontic system is quite popular and is offered by many different service providers but is Invisalign right for you?
How Invisalign Works
The Invisalign system has several unique characteristics:
• A series of durable, clear plastic trays are created that fit over the teeth being treated
• As the teeth gradually move into place, new trays are created to maintain the new position and to continue the migration process
• The trays can be removed for eating, speaking, and socializing though they need to be worn for a certain minimum length of time each day
• The clear material used to create Invisalign braces lets patients maintain the private nature of orthodontic treatment
• No wire framework is required to support these specially dental trays
What Patients Can Expect
Is Invisalign right for you? Patients who are interested in Invisalign in Cincinnati should plan on several stages of care. First, a mold will need to be made of your teeth and mouth so that a precise aligner can be made for you. Each aligner is carefully created by skilled technicians in order to give you the best results. Once the completed item is delivered to us, the patient will be contacted. Upon picking up your new aligner, you will be given detailed instructions on its use and care. Following these instructions will help you get the most out of the important investment.
What do you think? Is Invisalign right for you? For many teenage and adult patients, this system is an excellent solution. However, it is important to work closely with your dental care team in order for this valuable system to be truly effective. Make an appointment with Bell Dental today at (513) 321-2278 to learn more about this excellent alignment treatment option, or contact us through our website.