Treatment For Dental Emergencies
Dentistry For Kids
Mercury Free Dentistry
Conscious Sedation Dentistry
Root Canal Therapy
TMD / TMJ
The Bell Dental Group is able to identity and treat TMD and TMJ.
TMD (or, temporomandibular disorders) can be a painful and frustrating experience. This category includes a wide variety of disorders that arise from problems with the jaw, jaw joint, and the surrounding facial muscles.
Common symptoms of TMD include:
- Locking of the jaw
- Swelling on the sides of the face
- Popping or clicking sounds when opening and closing the mouth
- Pain or tenderness in the face or jaws
- Limited ability to open the mouth
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
We primarily treat these issues with a variety of oral appliances. These appliances serve to correct a patient’s bite and jaw alignment, as well as provided protection from the sometimes painful effects of TMD. On occasion, more intensive treatment may be necessary.